Monitoring & Evaluation Internship
General Overview: The Vibrant Village Foundation is a private foundation that established operations in Kenya in 2014.
In Emuhaya District, the Foundation conducts a number of development programmes across the areas of agriculture, education, business and infrastructure.
The M&E Intern will be support multiple data collection processes across VVF projects and will assist in the delivery of high quality datasets.
Location: Esabalu Sub-location, Emuhaya District, Vihiga County
Duration: 3 months
- Coordination of M&E data collectors and casual data entry staff, including:
1. In–field coordination of key M&E activities, with an eye to "perfect" quality standard.
2. Quality–control and supervision of data entry, with zero tolerance for data–entry errors.
3. In–field follow–up on errors to ensure quality data across all project
- Assist in data management, including:
1. Manipulation and verification of collected data – including, data cleaning, basic analysis and quality control
2. Managing data collection files, using online storage
3. Collection, analysis and reporting on internal Key Performance Indicators
- Other duties as assigned
- Current undergraduate student in Statistics, Community Development, Public Health, Anthropology or other Social Sciences
- Advanced skills in Excel, (Proficiency in SPSS, SAS, Epi-Info or STATA an added advantage)
- Experience in designing and participating in development projects
- Strong research and reporting skills
- Strong analytical thinker with acute attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Goal oriented and committed with ability to work under pressure within a dynamic Team, both on-site and remotely
- Self-motivated and able to work without any supervision
How to Apply
Forward your cover letter and CV ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org before 13th September 2016 5PM.
The subject of your email should contain the job you are applying for and your name, i.e. “Monitoring and Evaluation Internship – (*Your Name*).
There will be no remuneration/stipend offered for the position
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.