Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation with in-depth understanding of the local context, utilising local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS works in partnership with various stakeholders including the Ministry of Health’s National Tuberculosis, Leprosy and Lung Disease Program (NTLD-Program) towards implementation of TB care and control activities across the country.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the following position: -
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Ref: 002/ 2016/ TBARC
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Chief of party, the incumbent will be responsible for providing overall strategic, technical leadership and practical management of all M&E implementation activities for the USAID funded activity.
Will work closely with and support the National Tuberculosis, Leprosy and Lung Disease Program, Ministry of Health and implementation partners.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Overseeing the design, development and implementation of M&E activities and provide high quality technical and strategic leadership, managerial oversight, and administration of the TB ARC Monitoring and Evaluation Framework.
2. In liaison with the Chief of party, ensure project’s services and performances are of the highest quality, respond to the specified deliverables and goals of the cooperative agreement, are delivered, monitored and evaluated in a timely manner, and are in full support and compliance with the terms of the cooperative agreement.
3. Technical lead in development of TB ARC project annual workplans and tracking of its implementation as well as support in NTLD joint work plan development and monitoring.
4. Timely update of USAID/PEPFAR reporting systems including Trainet, DATIM and other related systems.
5. Preparation of project quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports of the highest quality in order to showcase the achievements and key lessons from the project.
6. Working closely with grants management team support the monitoring and tracking performance of sub awardees.
7. Participate as a key member of the National NTLD M&E technical working group to offer support to NTLD in the implementation of the NTLD Strategic Plan and development of monitoring and evaluation measures for new program strategies.
8. Participate in the design, development, roll out and implementation and regular review of electronic surveillance system including but not limited to TIBU.
9. Participate in the design and development of systems for data quality assurance
10. Conduct regular data analysis and use of data for decision making and informing programming.
11. Technical assistance both to national and county teams including review of tools, capacity building, planning and implementation performance review meetings and setting up systems etc
12. Provide support in development of guidelines, standard operating procedures, data management manuals among other relevant M&E documents
13. Working closely with NTLD-P staff to develop study protocols and participate in studies, surveys and evaluations, including TB program midterm and end term reviews.
14. Support CHS and MoH staff in writing abstracts for presentation in national, regional and international conferences
15. Develop and disseminate innovative data products including GIS maps for showing spatial analysis of performance.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, monitoring and evaluation, biostatistics, social sciences or related field
- A minimum of 8 years direct work experience as a senior expert in monitoring and evaluation in the health sector
- Experience with USG and specific USAID reporting requirements
- Knowledge in TB programming –National or international Understanding of MOH, PEPFAR, WHO and UNGASS HIV/AIDS indicators
- Experience in using DHIS for reporting
- Experience in review and design of M&E systems
- Understanding of EMR standards in Kenya added advantage
- Advanced skills in using MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint and statistical software such as SPSS, STATA and Epidata
- Demonstrated expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, Health Management Information Systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in both the public and NGO sectors
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain partnerships with senior-level Government of Kenya officials, USAID and other donor organizations
- Ability to train or capacity builds teams, Good report writing, presentation and coordination skills.
Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria are invited to email their applications and detailed CVs with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title and its reference number as the subject line by 5.00PM on or before Friday, August 19, 2016
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification