Indepth Research Services
Position: Instructional Designer Consultant
Description: We are an international training and consultancy organization offering technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors .
The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Proven working experience in instructional design
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar
Position: Learning Advisor; Monitoring & Evaluation
Description: We are an international training and consultancy organization offering technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accomplishes sales objectives by implementing the institute’s learning promotion programs.
- Analyzing the market or markets where the IRES operate.
- Customer Relationship and stakeholder Management
- making presentations to organizations
- writing technical publications
- preparing reports
- developing and maintaining a set of client contacts
- Course content development
- maintaining awareness of developments in your area of specialization
- attending conferences and workshops related to monitoring & evaluation
- advertising and marketing services
- An undergraduate degree in project management or related fields
- Membership in the Monitoring & Evaluation Society of Kenya
- A Master’s degree and possession of additional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Business English will be a prerequisite.
- Excellent IT skills (internet, email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Monitoring & Evaluation
- Experience in customer centric roles.
- Project Management skills required.
- Planning Execution skills required.
- Market research & analysis experience is desirable.
- Good judgement and business sense abilities.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication with ability to effectively articulate the company strategy and other opportunities
- A good appreciation of Monitoring and Evaluation developments locally and in the region
Salary: Starting KES 40,000-50,000 Dependant on experience and academic qualifications.
If you meet the above criteria, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the 11th September 2016.
Note: Use the job title as the subject line in your application email.