Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Ensure the high availability of the Country subsidiary’s IT infrastructure for the service of customers and the conduct of business.
- Plan and execute strategies that ensure the IT infrastructure continues to support the future mission, vision and aspirations of the BANK Group in the Country subsidiary.
- Embed best management practice that ensures the IT infrastructure of the bank is managed proactively rather than reactively.
- Implement the concept of shared infrastructure services to minimize capital expenditure and optimize cost.
- Plan and ensure a business continuity and disaster recovery plan exists for the country subsidiary which ensures business continues with minimal impact in the event of disasters
- Develop, train and retain high calibre staff for the future management of the IT function of the country subsidiary.
- Ensure the IT infrastructure is available for business and customer service. Promptly resolve any customer complaints or difficulties with the use of the IT infrastructure.
- Adapt and implement the Group’s IT polices and make recommendations of changes based on policies of the region.
- Turnaround promptly customer IT problems or requests. Analyze customer feedback and plan strategically to deal with issues at root cause level rather reactional “knee-jerk” management approach.
- Ensure the data centre environment is well managed from conduciveness and security perspectives. Implement stringent change and resource management processes to ensure high systems availability.
- Manage corporate budgets to ensure no negative variances year on year. Ensure cost targets are also met. Institute strong inventory/asset controls for IT equipment. Always engage global OEM to negotiate best discounts and prices for the country subsidiary.
- Ensure 100% availability of FINACLE application or any other Computer Based Application used by BANK Group. Support in a controlled manner application customizations required to meet business needs.
- Maintain a standard desktop environment within the country subsidiary that ensures optimal use of hardware and network resources and provides a secure computing environment.
- Consolidate BANK Group application architecture in the country subsidiary to the extent of creating productivity leverage for systems construction and a uniform platform for support and standard architecture/environment for hardware, database and network.
- Attract, train and develop high caliber staff for future management of the IT function within the region. Motivate staff and create a conducive environment for staff to enjoy working for the country subsidiary.
- Identify, recommend and implement key ICT business requirements and to provide a bank wide source of expertise on information technology and communication systems.
- Contribute to the development of the bank’s strategic and business plans in relation to ICT in order to support the bank’s mission and core objectives
- Implement an efficient and effective DRP/BCP solution
- Direct manage and train IT staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standard
- Plan and organize departmental activities to ensure the timely, quality and on budget execution
- Drive beneficial perception of ICT functions among users departments
- Ensure proper management of outsourced ICT services and management of Service level agreements and contracts between the bank
- A Bachelor’s degree in ICT, however an MSC in IT would be an added advantage
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICT, Hardware, Software, both Local and Wide Area networks
- At least five years’ experience in a similar position in a leading bank
- Posses Knowledge of current trends and developments in hardware, software, networking, telecommunications and database management
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in hardware, software, networking, telecommunications and database management
Please forward Cv to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 31/8/2016