Resolution Insurance Company Ltd is a general insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions. We have learned to adapt in this constantly changing society, and develop comprehensive products that are relevant to our clients.
We currently have over 60,000 members in our fold and have partnered with over 500 medical service providers across East Africa; a strong network of hospitals, clinics and doctors.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, the job holder’s role will be primarily responsible for the execution of risk based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan as well as carrying out special audits / investigations.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of the internal control systems in assigned areas;
- Report risk management and internal control deficiencies identified to the Internal Audit Manager;
- Keep abreast with compliance procedures and other applicable laws and regulations;
- Undertake and complete internal audit plans within given timelines as directed by the Internal Audit Manager;
- Maintain working papers in support of audits conducted;
- Managing a variety of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Ability
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Business related degree (Accounting/Finance etc.)
- CPA (K) or ACCA (those sitting for their final stages are acceptable.)
- Minimum 3 years relevant audit experience.
- Auditing experience in financial services industry (with a bias to Insurance Industry) will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of insurance business, design and implementation of internal controls and the audit cycle.
- Strong analytical thinking and keenness to details
- Excellent communication (written reports) and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of MS Spreadsheets and Computer Aided Audit Tools (CAATs).
How to Apply
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly make your application through our CAREERS page on www.resolution.co.ke by COB, Tuesday 23rd August 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.