Secours Islamique France (SIF)
Position Title: Finance / HR / Admin Coordinator (Kenya / Somalia Mission)
Location: Nairobi Kenya
Duration of contract: 6 Months
Expected starting date: 15 September, 2016
Secours Islamique, France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization based in Paris, France.
SIF intervenes wherever humanitarian and social needs require mobilization of emergency relief and/or implementation of development programs without any discrimination as to ethnicity, age, religion or sex.
The senior position of Regional Finance & Admin Coordinator reports to the Head of Mission, Kenya/Somalia.
S/he will manage and supervise the support services of the mission and will manage the finance, human resources, accountancy and overall administrative functions of the mission.
S/he is also responsible for ensuring that all SIF and donor procedures, and laws of the country are strictly adhered to by everyone in the Mission.
Specific duties include:
- Managing accounting, budget monitoring, expenditure planning, and treasury management for the mission;
- Assisting in developing reports, analysis and project proposals;
- Managing National Staff policies/procedures including: Recruitment, Contracts, HR Files, Payroll, Leave/Overtime planning, Training Plans etc.;
- Interacting with the local authorities to obtain Expatriate Visas & Work Permits;
- Updating HR and administrative procedures and ensure compliance in accordance with local laws/ SIF procedures;
- Managing the National Staff salary administration process;
- Reporting on Financial, HR and Administrative matters to HQ;
- Representing SIF at meetings with other humanitarian actors, local authorities and donors as required.
Minimum Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications
- University degree in Economics/Finance or other directly related studies.
- Minimum 5 years of previous directly related experience, preferably in the humanitarian field.
- Previous international experience as Finance & Admin Coordinator would be a definite asset.
- Sound knowledge and reporting experience in dealing with rules/regulations of donors.
- Good knowledge of standard logistics and procurement procedures.
- Microsoft Pack office proficient and familiar with accounting software packages. Note: Saga is used within the mission
- Proven experience in mentoring and capacity building of National Staff.
- Ability to work effectively/accurately within tight deadlines with minimum support/supervision.
- Proven interpersonal/conflict management skills together with demonstrated team-building and leadership skills.
The position title (Finance/HR/Admin Coordinator) must be indicated on the subject line.
Please submit your cover letter, CV, and 3 references to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org (using basic excel, word or PDF format) not later than Wednesday Sep 07, 2016.
SIF is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.