The National Empowerment Network of People living with HIV/AIDS in Kenya (NEPHAK) is a national network that unites people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those affected by TB and AIDS through community based organizations and non-governmental organizations including PLHIV networks.
NEPHAK works in partnership with line government structures and like-minded civil society organizations to improve community health in Kenya.
A qualified and experienced professional is being looked for to join NEPHAK team in the following position:
The position is responsible for coordinating collection of quality M&E data; provision of data management support and technical assistance to field staff and DICE staff in MERL activities; and to play a key role in data collection, storage, analysis and use.
- T.1 Coordinate and ensure complete, accurate, consistent and timely data collection.
- T.2 Carry out data entry and cleaning.
- T.3 Ensure data and information collected is processed appropriately; sorting, analysis, interpretation, storage and archiving, and documentation of results.
- T.4 Assist staff in data analysis and manipulation to achieve desired formats and results as requested.
- T.5 Produce periodic and ad hoc reports through; writing views to retrieve data for analysis as well as convert data to formats required by program and technical teams.
- T.6 Work with Peer Educators to ensure timely and accurate reporting of health data.
- T.7 Support the MERL unit to:
1. Analyze relationships among current indicators and emerging programmatic “success” factors; analyze and report on findings.
2. Document and disseminate program case studies.
- T.8 Prepare periodic reports for the program’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- T.9 Undertake data quality checks against data collection forms and conduct data cleaning of entered data.
- T.10 Maintain data storage systems and data backups on regular basis and catalogue them accordingly.
- T.11 Perform other related duties that may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
Level of Education
Specialized Training / Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in Applied Statistics is essential.
- Diploma in, Information technology, Statistics, Economics, Public Health or a relevant field.
- Training on / professional experience with the management of complex data sets.
Competencies / Abilities / Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work and relate well with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to build trust among partners and colleagues.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Strong data management skills and proficiency in use of statistical packages.
- Strong research experience.
- Use and understanding of computerized information systems including databases.
- Familiarity with GFATM indicators and data reporting systems.
- At least two (2) years in a similar position.
NEPHAK Working Conditions
The positions involve frequent travel by the jobholder to visit member organizations and project sites and the travel may at times involve exposure to adverse weather conditions and difficult circumstances.
There may be periods that require the jobholder to work odd hours when necessary to meet deadlines or respond to specific situations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an Application Letter and CV to
NEPHAK National Secretariat,
3rd Floor, Wood Avenue Court, Wood Avenue,
off Lenana/Argwings Kodhek Roads.
P. O. Box 75654 00200
and/or email: email@example.com
(indicate clearly the position applied for in Subject line of the email)
by Friday 26th August 2016.
NEPHAK is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.