Our client is a medium sized Housing Co-operative Society located in Nairobi CBD and running projects in most parts of the country.
The society wishes to recruit a professional to fill the following position:
Clerk of Works
Clerk of Works
Reporting to: General Manager
Ref No: COW/CCIA/2016
- Ensure that high standards of quality control are maintained on all contracts.
- Monitor the new construction, renovations and repairs to the existing structures, and site development.
- Observe the construction, contract progress, procedures, workmanship, schedule, overall job safety.
- Co-ordination between the contractor, the consultants and the Society.
- Carry out periodic inspections on ongoing projects.
- Interpret, implement and reinforce regulatory requirements related to safety and environmental standards in all construction sites.
- Notify the Society, general contractor, and the architect of any conditions that may delay completion of the total project or of major parts of the project
- Observing materials delivered to the site and used by the contractors & sub-contractors to ensure that materials used are those specified, or approved substitutes, and that materials are in good condition and free of defects.
- Report any irregularies to the Society, architect and contractor immediately as soon as possible
- Meeting, verifying identification, and accompanying any inspectors from regulatory authorities having jurisdiction over the project and immediately report the results of such inspections to the Society, general contractor, and the architect
- To witness testing, commissioning and balancing of engineering installations.
- Diploma in Civil, Building or Construction Engineering or related field.
- Membership to the Institute of Clerks of Works of Kenya will be added advantage.
- Computer Literacy: Microsoft office suite, use of internet and e-mail.
- Knowledge of Auto CAD.
- Working experience of not less than 5 years in a similar role.
- Have a wide understanding of the building industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods and legal/ statutory requirements
- Accuracy and attention to detail when checking work and materials
- Have good spoken and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Have ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Have ability to establish and maintain sound relationships with stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel extensively across the construction sites.
How to Apply
If you are interested in any of the above positions, kindly download and complete the questionnaire HERE and submit as per the instructions contained therein by 10th August, 2016.