Trócaire works in and through partnership with local organisations to overcome poverty and promote justice in developing countries.
Within the Horn & East Africa Region, Trócaire implements and manages development and humanitarian programme work in Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia, and Uganda.
Trocaire wishes to recruit a Regional Business Development Manager to be based in Nairobi or Kampala.
In the context of a highly challenging donor funding environment in Ireland, Europe and in East Africa, Trôcaire is seeking to increase both the amount and diversity of institutional funding for its programmes.
The Regional Business Development Manager (RBDM) has overall responsibility for ensuring that the East Africa region works towards meeting regional institutional funding targets and IFU deliverables in an increasingly competitive funding environment.
- Country institutional funding strategy development
- Programme planning and institutional funding applications
- Grant Management
The Person Specification
- Graduate level education in development studies and relevant subject at Masters Level
- 5 years’ experience of working in Institutional Funding (planning, proposal and report writing, securing institutional funding through successful grant applications, grant and contract management)
- Experience of working with donors such as European Union, Irish Aid, DFID, Big Lottery Fund, Comic Relief, UN, OFDA in East Africa
- Knowledge and experience of working on emergency response, recovery and development programmes
- Knowledge of the key issues and trends in the development sector
- Substantive experience in one or more of Trócaire priority sectors: livelihood security, environmental justice, governance, human rights, disaster risk reduction, and women empowerment.
For detailed Job Description, requirements and details of the positions, interested applicants should visit and apply through https://trocaire.workable.com/ by 27th August 2016.
Prospective applicants must be committed to safeguarding children and adults against all forms of exploitation and abuse by signing Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policy.