Post: Accounts Assistant
Location: Nanyuki - Laikipia County
Industry: High End Lodge & Ranch
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain Accounts Receivable records, monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants. Also issue customers invoices and debt collection.
- Monthly reconciliation of accounts receivables.
- Maintain Accounts Payable records and verification of invoices before posting to QuickBooks as per the accounting manual.
- Inform suppliers about payments and he/she will also be responsible for reconciling vendor statements and using good communication skills to resolve any discrepancies.
- Keep records of all financial transactions within the organization in an orderly manner by appropriate filing of financial documents [invoices, receipts] for easy retrieval as per the accounting manual.
- Petty cash administration which will involve daily/monthly reconciliation of withdrawals and disbursements before posting to QBS.
- Key data into a general ledger computer system -QuickBooks Accounting software.
- Review fuel allocation book on a daily basis.
- Compiling and timely online filing of VAT returns.
Qualifications and skills required:-
- Any relevant Business related degree
- Accounting Qualification ie ACCA or CPA finalist
- Computer literacy (word and Excel) and Proficiency in QuickBooks accounting Software is a must.
- The position requires an aptitude for math, attention to detail, familiarity with basic accounting procedures. Strong analytical and organizational skills are also required.
- Flexibility and a willingness to perform a variety of support tasks are essential to success in this position.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices, payroll review and petty cash administration is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are also valuable as he/she will have regular contact with vendors, customers and employees.