Overview: Mobius Motors designs, manufactures, and sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market.
Our vehicles create a transport platform that empowers local entrepreneurs to run profitable transportation services to end-users in their communities.
We are seeking to hire an exceptional mid-career professional interested in a truly unique entrepreneurial opportunity to create impact on a global scale.
The role will require a close working relationship with the Technical, Commercial and Procurement Teams.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Delegate daily duties and supervise all work being carried out by the workshop staff.
- Chair regular meetings with workshop staff and if necessary, members of the Technical team, to discuss progress and setbacks within the workshop.
- Control workshop tools and accessories inventory as well as keeping up to date with new technology tools that could be purchased by the company.
- Organise staff training to improve technical knowledge and job performance of workshop staff.
- To ensure workshop staff wear protective clothing (PPEs) at all times while in the workshop floor including all non-workshop/technical staff.
- Organise all customer rescue missions ensuring all resources and authorisation required is acquired within the shortest time possible.
- Ensure properly documented repair orders with clear instructions are opened for every repair/service/rescue job to be undertaken by the workshop staff and that all required information on each job card is properly maintained.
- To ensure that all vehicles are serviced in accordance with the company’s service standards and that pro-active planned maintenance is carried out continuously.
- Ensure vehicles are mechanically sound and available for test days and investor visits.
- To act as a technical expert in the Workshop, advising staff on tasks and sharing knowledge, for example through regular toolbox talks.
- To instil and maintain a strong health and safety culture amongst the Workshop team with a good understanding of risk assessments.
- To ensure that the workshop housekeeping and operating practices are of a high standard and that special tools and equipment are well maintained.
- Generate ad-hoc reports as required by the Technical and Commercial teams.
- Develop Service Level Agreements (SLA) with internal customers like Engineering, Quality and After-Sales.
- Establishing efficient processes and structures in order to optimize the usage of available resources and to ensure quality in the deliverables.
An ideal candidate should have a track record of academic and professional achievement and demonstrate a strong business acumen and passion for Mobius’s business.
He or she should combine expertise in workshop management with exceptional communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills as well as on-the-ground pragmatism and patience necessary to manage ambiguities involved with an early-stage venture in a developing country.
Most of all, they should demonstrate integrity and accountability.
- Diploma in automotive, mechanical or other from a recognised college
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in workshop operations or other similar roles
- Proficiency in computer packages e.g. Word
- Experience from the automotive industry will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong rapport with others
- Detail oriented and capable of delivering high quality outputs
- Ability to effectively communicate timelines and project progress with both internal and external management teams
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, detail oriented, proactive, flexible, and resilient
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment; able to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning, and draw valid conclusions
- A good sense of humour and an appreciation for different cultures
E-mail your application to email@example.com