Job Vacancy: Tracers / Peer Outreach Workers Anza Mapema Study
The Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS) is a non-profit organization with its headquarters in Kisumu.
We are dedicated to improving the reproductive health of men and women in Kenya.
We have several ongoing reproductive health and HIV prevention research projects.
NRHS is seeking to hire two tracers/peer outreach workers for the Anza Mapema study.
Job Location: Kisumu
Reporting To: Peer Education Coordinator
Duties Will Include:
- Carry out study outreach activities including organizing for all the social mobilization activities in coordination with the Peer Education Coordinator and the study team.
- Carry out mapping of the area of operation in the target group, identification of all upcoming activities the project may need to take part in within the area as per the community calendar
- Develop and implement retention strategy in conjunction with the study team.
- Ensure tracking and reporting of all tracing activities in the area, targets set, challenges experienced and best practices noted.
- Ensure follow up on agreed activities/strategies
- Oversee study peer education, outreach activities including social mobilization and follow-up activities
- Supervise development and implementation of recruitment and retention strategies for project participants
- Act as the community liaison officer for the research project
- Coordinate linkages for MSM in the study, tracking and reporting of all tracing activities
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Supervisor
Required Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma-level qualification in social work, community development or related studies
- Minimum of at least 1 year relevant experience as a tracer/peer outreach worker for a Key population research study or programme.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English, Dholuo, and Kiswahili
- MSM friendly or member of key population
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Applications Should Include:
- A cover letter detailing current work, prior experience and qualifications in the areas described above, telephone and e-mail contact
- A current CV
- Names, telephone and e-mail contacts of at least 3 professional referees
Applications are submitted electronically to email@example.com with “Tracer/Peer outreach worker Anza Mapema Study” on the subject line.
Submission on or before 5h August, 2016.