First Community Bank
Job Vacancy: Senior Manager - Financing (Credit)
We are an ethical, participatory, commercial bank with branches spread throughout Kenya.
Our mission is to deliver innovative and ethical financial solutions, products, and customer centric services to our clientele.
The Interested applicants should have demonstrable creative arid strategic leadership and contribute to the implementation of the Bank’s financing strategies.
- Financing Portfolio Management: Ensure a high quality asset portfolio (95% performing) to achieve high sustainable returns as per the Bank’s projected arid budgeted incomes through continuously reviewing, implementing and administering the organization’s Financing strategies, policies and procedures; and institute prompt remedial procedures to maintain the non-performing book below 5%:
- Risk Analysis: Provide technical support to new financing product development and ensure risks are mitigated, set and review risk acceptance criteria on sectors and securities, evaluate third-party risk analysis of facilities and make appropriate recommendations:
- Overall Financing Monitoring and Management: Oversee proper operation and ensuring effective monitoring and management of the Financing Analysis, Financing Administration and Remedial units of the Bank.
- Staff matters: Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports (Financing Team) through effective planning, delegation, communication, training, mentoring and coaching; maintain a training record for each team member and addressing developmental needs in liaison with the HR Department and championing a strong culture which stimulates and aligns staff to organizational values;
- Management and Reporting: Prepare periodical stress tests on the financing book for the Board to examine quantitative impact on bottom line and capital levels based on different scenarios; prepare periodical Regulatory, Board and Management reports for deliberation.
Professional Qualifications Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce with a bias in Finance;
- Masters degree m an appropriate discipline e.g. Msc Finance or MBA Finance is preferred;
- Knowledge in Islamic Banking required;
- Professional qualifications in ACCA/CPA/CFA an added advantage;
- Proven experience of at least seven (7) years in a reputable bank in financing (credit) environment, 3 of which must be at managerial level;
- Knowledge of Prudential guidelines and CBK reporting requirements.
- Strategic thinker, ability to see the big picture and formulate strategies for the Financing department that will contribute to achievement of the bank’s overall objectives
- High moral standing with impeccable integrity;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and computational skills
- High levels of professionalism arid professional development.
- Ability to grow, support and develop talent within the department
- Commitment to results, customer focused and goal driven
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (SENIOR MANAGER FINANCING) to email@example.com before August 12th, 2016.