Vacancy: Purchasing Associate
You will need:
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Analytical skills.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working. relationships.
- A good standard of numeracy in order to analyze facts and figures.
- A flair for negotiation and networking.
- The ability to make important decisions.
- Cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines.
- Have confidence in their judgment & decision making when faced with ambiguity.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Have at least a diploma in business, purchasing or a related field.
- At least a C (Plus) in KCSE.
- Background in accounts will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in ERP systems.
- Past experience in retail or purchasing will be an added advantage.
The candidate shall:
- Work closely with the category manager, marketing and customer service to formulate and execute strategies for the business unit across all marketing channels
- Be responsible for maximizing revenue, ensuring that business lines are merchandised optimally.
- Identify product vendors, negotiate for best prices and ensure to ensure purchases are executed effectively.
- Have good judgment and wisdom in negotiations, projections, and communication.
- Recommend new products and product lines.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Be able to multi-task and be an effective problem solver.
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers
- Deal with warranty-related issues.
- Carry out all other assigned tasks by the unit manage.
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress