Our client a well established funky restaurant located in Nairobi, that serves the most traditional of all Kenyan foods are looking for Operations Manager.
- The Manager performs and directs overall restaurant management.
- Directs staff to ensure that food safety, product preparation, and cleanliness standards are maintained.
- Maintains standards of restaurant safety and security.
- Responsible for inventory and money control systems – may establish inventory schedules.
- Responsible for local marketing initiatives – may contact prospective customers to promote sales. Maintains business records.
- Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
- Recruits, rewards and terminates staff as needed.
- Communicates changes of food preparations formulas, standards, etc. to staff.
- Ensures that all local and national health and food safety codes are maintained and company safety and security policy are followed.
- Maintains business records as outlined in the restaurants Operations Manual.
- Analyzes business records to increase sales.
- Identifies and contacts prospective customers to promote sales.
- Helps to develop new hire orientation programs and rewards programs, monitors training processes to ensure quality training of employees.
- Implements management training.
- Ensures that correct operational procedures are followed and takes corrective action if necessary.
- Works with staff to achieve sales goals, using available reports to identify opportunities.
Experience & Skills:
- 4 years of successful, operational management experience in a restaurant environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Basic math and accounting skills and strong analytical/decision making skills are needed; demonstrated achievement in staff selection, coaching and development.
- A business related degree
Please E Mail your CV and application letter to: email@example.com clearly indicating ‘Operations Manager’ on the subject line by 10th July, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.