Turkana Pastoralist Development Organization (TUPADO) is an NGO founded in 2000 and registered in Kenya by the NGO Coordination Board.
The organization implements a range of activities including
- rain water harvesting (transfer of skills on modern farming techniques and dry land farming),
- reproductive health targeting four sub-counties of Turkana County through training of community groups and supporting social events,
- animal health (through training on Community Based Animal Health Care and drug provisions),
- marketing and value addition of hides and skins,
- training on the workings and operation of revolving funds community food, veterinary drugs and rainwater harvesting stores,
- resettlement of internally displaced persons (IDPs),
- restocking of post raids and drought victims,
- support to disabled persons,
- HIV/AIDS behavior change communication targeting most at risk populations, and
- capacity building (training of communities on participatory development approaches).
For the new LINKAGES Across the continuum of HIV services for key populations affected by HIV, TUPADO seeks to recruit staff in the following position:
Reference Number: LINKAGES – CO 16
The clinical officer will provide clinical services at the drop-in center and during integrated outreaches.
- Overall in-charge of the drop in center
- Screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- Diagnosis and treatment of HIV opportunistic infections
- Diagnose and treat general medical conditions
- Antiretroviral treatment for HIV positive patients and identification of adverse events related to ART
- Referral of KPs to other health facilities for additional care and treatment not available at the DIC
- Help in preparation of monthly program reports
- Participate in monthly meetings between KP community members and the program team
- Advise the program on matters pertaining to clinical care of key populations
- Diploma in Clinical medicine and Surgery.
- Working experience in the field of HIV/AIDS including counseling, administration of antiretroviral therapy and data collection.
- Computer literacy skills with MS Office software
- Good communication skills, good inter-personal skills
- Able to provide stigma-free and non-discriminatory services
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with Key populations is an added advantage
Reference Number: LINKAGES – Nurse/HTS 16
- Perform HIV counselling and testing at the drop-in center
- Perform HIV counselling and testing during outreaches
- Participate in quality improvement at the drop-in center
- Work with the clinical officer in providing clinical services
- Help in preparation of reports
- Diploma in KRN, KRM or ECN
- Counselling training as per National Guidance in HTS
- Experience working with Key Population is an added advantage
- Able to offer stigma-free and non-discriminatory services
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work during non-office hours
- Good written and verbal communication skills – English and Kiswahili languages
- Computer Literacy
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reference number: LINKAGES ME-16
- Diploma in health records and information management with a minimum of 5 years in managing HIV/AIDS related program M&E
- First degree in a related course will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with the MoH NASCOP M&E tools and reporting systems is a requirement.
- Thorough understanding of HIV/AIDS programming in Kenya
- Experience in working in a donor funded HIV/AIDS program will be an added advantage
- Flexible, able to deal with ambiguity, changes and “patches” in putting up M&E systems and standards
- Demonstrated understanding of PEPFAR expectations and trends for M&E
- Ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through on-the-job mentoring, supportive supervision, and other methods
- Excellent analytic and computer (MS Office Suite & computer statistical) skills an added advantage.
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Lead the LINKAGES M&E activities including Quality Monitoring and Quality Improvement; Data Use for quality improvement meetings.
- Review, analyze, and compile monthly, quarterly, annual activity reports to comply with MoH and LINKAGES reporting requirements
- Design and maintain data collection systems, ensuring that necessary information is collected, analyzed, and used to guide the projects.
- Perform analysis of data and information collected from the field monthly and quarterly to examine trends and identify gaps as well as strengthens in the clinical cascade of care with LINKAGES Implementing staffs
- Perform data entry of KPS enrolled into the program and maintain the data base
- Ensure all data collection and reporting tools are available at all levels, both outreach, program and clinical tools
- Conduct regular reviews of the data to enable the team to identify whether targets are being met and take immediate corrective actions so as to reach epidemic control.
- Develop and implement a sustainable electronic data collection and storage system for the program activities.
- Ensure that data is received by partners and entered in DATIM monthly. Provide quality control of the data entry and support supervision through site visits and virtually by phone or email.
- Train data entry clerks and other field staff on guidelines, surveys and other data collection tools for the project.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures for data management systems at the site level (storage/back-up, routine data verification, data quality audits etc)
- Design and execute internal data quality audits using Data Quality Assessment tools and ensure follow-up is complete.
- Develop Quarterly M&E presentations and any ad hoc presentation for performance review and analysis
Reference Number - LINKAGES PC 16
Position description: The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the overall implementation of the LINKAGES project activities in Turkana county as outlined in the project scope.
- The Program Coordinator provides technical and program support to the LINKAGES project as implemented by TUPADO.
- Provides administrative and project support, in addition to communication efforts related to program management and execution.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Liaises with MOH and other stakeholders as is necessary in the implementation of the project
- Monitors budget for programs and develops monitoring system for reviewing project status.
- Ensures completion of program while adhering to budget, scope, and schedule requirements.
- Develops and reviews work plans, prepares presentations, and supports other related program objectives and deliverables.
- Compiles monthly, quarterly and semi-annual reports.
- Represent the project in program related meetings
The incumbent will report to the Project Manager TUPADO.
Minimum Requirement s
- Basic Degree or higher diploma in Knowledge / Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences, International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Minimum of 5 + years’ experience with program management, cross-cultural communications, US Government rules and regulations.
- Substantial experience using computerized information systems.
- Demonstrated experience working with key populations in Kenya.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in Kiswahili language.
- Prior team lead experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: email@example.com
Please specify source in your application and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements, to be received not later than August 8th 2016.
Kindly note that only short listed persons will be contacted.