Digital Marketing Intern
The Role: The Digital Marketing Intern will play an active role in the continued development of our online community.
Under the supervision of our Head of Sales and Marketing, the intern will assist in maintaining and growing our presence on multiple Internet properties including social media platforms.
- Test and improve performance of email marketing campaigns.
- Evaluate the impact of growing a list of enthusiastic subscribers.
- Assist with the creation of bi-monthly newsletter for web properties.
- Assist concepts for social campaigns, research stories and write content of interest to an audience interested in travel/airline related information.
- Responds to posts or comments to bring value the user experience.
- Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and posts it to our social networks in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
- Assist in the creation of special interest articles for web properties.
- Coordinate with various internal shareholders and test and finalize pages before launching.
- Assist in monitoring website performance SEO.
- Organize content according to purpose (web & intranet) and designated program categories.
- Participate in a corporate environment and interact with senior management.
- Manage expectations, plan and organize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Gain insight into how ongoing projects are managed and how teams within an organization coordinate and share responsibility for completing tasks on time and on budget.
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
- Demonstrated capacity to create and implement relevant web based content targeted to a specific audience.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-editing software, and internet browsers.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Google+.