Aga Khan Foundation, East AFrica
Employment Opportunity: Human Resources Manager
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is part of the broader Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) a group of development agencies that work primarily in the poorest parts of Asia and Africa with mandates that include the environment, health, education, architecture, culture, microfinance, rural development, disaster reduction, and the promotion of private - sector enterprise and the revitalisation of historic cities.
AKF (East Africa) works in collaboration with partners to develop and promote innovative solutions that contribute to improving the quality of life in East Africa.
AKF (EA) is looking for a well-rounded and experienced HR professional who can strengthen our team with their passion for learning and development.
Reporting to the Regional Human Resources Director, this position provides the successful candidate with an opportunity to shape the Foundation’s HR strategic direction to identify and implement market best practice in the areas of HR planning, talent acquisition and management, employee engagement and performance and reward management systems.
Key deliverables will include the tracking and reporting of key HR Metrics and to lead in the implementation of the learning and development strategy and the HRMIS system.
Job Requirements and Competencies:
- A degree in Human Resources Management or Social Sciences and postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources Management.
- At least 8 years relevant work experience with a successful track record.
- Experience in a development organization will be an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of Kenyan labour laws; knowledge of labour laws in Uganda, Tanzania will be an added advantage
- Strong consulting and coaching skills and the ability to build strong relationships with different people across the organization.
- Knowledge of and experience with HR management tools such as employee engagement surveys, training, performance management, job evaluation & grading and reward management.
- Experience with the implementation and management of HR Information Management Systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a very good command of the English language
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional multi-tasking abilities
Candidates interested in this exciting career opportunity should send their cover letter, CV and the names and contact information of 3 professional referees to the following email address:
with “Human Resources Manager” in the subject line by 28th July, 2016.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org)