Want to Help Develop 21st Century Youth?
Nova Academies is a pan-African school network that prepares the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills.
We look for passionate and creative individuals who are eager to bring in their diverse perspectives and experiences to develop innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Position: Human Resource Associate and Receptionist
You are expected to successfully implement HR strategy and deliver customer service within the organization.
The responsibilities will include strategic partnership and organization design, recruitment and selection, employment equity, salary and benefits management, employee relations, talent retention, performance management, change management, diversity management, skills development, policies and procedures, HR reporting, HR projects and managing staff
Your role will be based in our 2nd Campus, a girls only secondary school in Tatu City
Reports to: Senior Manager, Human Resources
Working at nova means:
- Fully embracing Nova’s values and beliefs and promote them to students, staff, other faculty, parents and members of the outside community
- Living the culture principles inside and outside of the school
- Working cohesively in a team, being respectful of each person’s contributions and style.
- Maintaining positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families, and colleagues.
How will a typical week at Nova look like?
- Manage the reception desk
- Provide information by answering communications; referring special communications to appropriate persons/departments
- Implement human resources programs by providing human resources services, including administrative (receptionist), talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions.
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Comply with local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain human resources records by maintaining applications, résumés, and applicant logs
- Enroll new employees by issuing forms and applications; verifying completion
- Accomplish human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Develop human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Who you are
- A graduate in either of the following: Commerce with specialization in Human Resource Management, Human Resource Management or degree in other field with a diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning.
- You hold a Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning.
- You have exposure to other HR training. This is preferred but not compulsory
- You have experience with Recruitment and Systems set-up.
- You have exposure to 1-2 solid internships with well-recognized companies and perhaps 1 full-time role in Administration/HR
- You have 1-3 years’ experience in a busy organization, preferably in a school
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job.
Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Qualified applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the right candidate is identified.