Credit Bank Limited, a well-established commercial bank, has embarked on a robust growth strategy and is looking for dynamic, proactive Kenyan professionals with strong credentials and relevant work experience to fill the position below to be stationed at its Head Office.
Head of Treasury
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Treasury will provide efficient and effective delivery of the full range of treasury products and effectively lead the Assets Liability Management (ALM) to achieve the desired business growth and profitability targets.
- Develop and execute strategies for investment of surplus funds in treasury bills, bonds and other money market instruments.
- Manage the dealing activity end to end so as to ensure that all the Bank’s interests are protected at all times and financial targets are met.
- Ensure that the Bank meets all external and internal liquidity requirements and that proper contingency plans are in place to address excess and deficient liquidity incidences in line with the Bank’s Policies and Procedures.
- Effective Capital and solvency management to ensure capital is allocated profitably and that the bank is maintained at strong solvency ratios.
- Develop innovative treasury products that will enable the bank grow its’ money market and foreign exchange volumes and revenues.
- Actively identify and market clients with potential to grow revenues from sales of treasury products and services.
- Ensure that the bank credit limits with counterparties are observed at all times.
- Build, foster and maintain relationships with counterparties, lenders and other stakeholders.
- Lead and manage the Treasury Function team and their performance with the view of ensuring proper positioning and leveraging of the function’s human resources.
- Participate in Management meetings as may be appropriate including but not limited to ALCO and others.
Minimum qualification and experience required:
- University business degree from a recognized institution preferably in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Commerce.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional Certification e.g. CPA /ACCA, ACI (Financial Markets Association)
- Eight years working experience, 3 of which must have been in a senior role within the Treasury function.
- Demonstrate skills/know how in dealing, financial analysis and knowledge of financial markets.
- Good working knowledge of dealing systems.
- Proven leadership, communications, negotiation, analytical and inter-personal skills, with an overall customer centric focus and orientation.
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal, sales and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate high integrity.
- Experience in leading, motivating, coaching, and develop a team.
How to Apply
If you believe that you have the required qualifications and experience to fill in the above position, kindly send your detailed resume together with a cover letter clearly indicating your current remuneration and availability to reach the undersigned by close of business August 02, 2016:
Head of Human Resources
Credit Bank Limited,
P.O. Box 61064-00200,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Credit Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are welcomed from all suitably qualified Kenyan Nationals irrespective of age, gender, race or disability. All applications will be treated on merit basis through fair and open competition.