Our client a leading Retail Store based in Dar Es Salaam, is seeking to recruit a Head of Operations in Dar Es Salaam, who will ensure products are seamlessly transported from supplier to the warehouse to the store branch.
The ideal candidate MUST be willing to relocate to Dar Es Salaam and have detailed knowledge in retail.
- Ensuring the appropriate product mix of goods is procured for each branch.
- Ensuring competitive prices and margins of products for the company and the customer.
- Ensuring the right product mix is available in each store.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with suppliers and shippers.
- Sourcing new products by Understanding customer preferences, buying habits and trends.
- Ensuring goods are sourced to achieve the highest margins.
- Supporting warehouse manager with transfer logistics and storing goods.
- Review costing and pricing files (with CFO).
- To maintain a consistent retail price across regions.
- Oversee IT hardware requirements and maintenance.
- Must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, purchasing and supply chain management.
- Master’s degree or higher in a similar field is an added advantage.
- Must have 5 -10 years of extensive and proven retail experience.
- Must be willing to relocate to Tanzania.
- Must have excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to maintain supplier and shipper (transport) relationships.
- Must be organised and help drive savings and efficiency for receiving and transporting goods.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 125,000 - 200,000/= (Approx. 1,250 - 2,000 USD) depending on experience
Deadline: 31st August 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.