Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Position: Gender Development Officer
Program: Gender Program
Reports to: Programs Manager
Working Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Job Scope: The job holder is responsible for quality case management and developing psychosocial support programs and activities to improve social assessments and referral based care to GBV survivors
- Support the successful implementation of all psychosocial activities of the department
- Manage and supervise Gender Caseworkers to ensure the implementation of work plans
- Responsible for the provision of quality case management including referrals and linkage to medical and legal services
- Support training of case workers to respond to cases of GBV throughout Kibera and ensure effective referral for survivors of GBV
- Organize awareness campaigns by liaising with community stakeholders and partners to mitigate on SGBV
- Provide ongoing training and utilizing monitoring and evaluation systems to ensure high quality services are available and utilized
- Provide the technical guidance and leadership required for the successful implementation of all psychosocial activities, including support groups
- Reports progress achieved and provides feedback of cases respecting confidentiality standards on weekly and/or monthly basis using the evaluation of trend analysis to be shared the Community Programs Officer
- Builds and maintains partnerships and collaboration with other GBV partners and relevant stakeholders
- Advovacy, Awareness and Resource mobilization
- Excellent organizational skills, independent, disciplined, with initiative and an ability to work under pressure and to prioritize work;
- Previous experience in Counseling
- Diploma or degree in Gender Development or related field
- 2 years working experience in a similar role
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.