Our Client a non-profit service company with Academic Centers in East Africa working to improve living conditions and opportunities of the people is currently seeking to hire a qualified Finance & Operations Manager to be based in Nairobi.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing leadership in financial aspects of operations and ensure safeguard of company resources through effective execution of financial planning and management, accounting and reporting and implementation of strong risk management and financial control policies to drive fiscal discipline within the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepare, in collaboration with the Head of Education and Regional Operations and Finance Director annual budgets and multi-year financial and sustainability projections in accordance to financial guidelines
- Prepare proposals for strategic capital expenditure projects.
- Provide budget information and monthly statements of expenditure to Unit Heads
- Ensure finance procedures and controls are implemented.
- Promote financial systems controls over availability and integrity of financial information and maximize use of ERP capability.
- Co-ordinate year end statutory accounts preparation and external audit requirements
- Ensure compliance with international financial reporting standards and legal & statutory requirements, including with Registrar of Companies and local employment laws.
- Supervise the preparation of monthly management and quarterly reports, commentaries and variance analyses.
- Review and approve monthly analyses and reconciliations of all high risk balance sheet and income statement accounts and recommend corrective action where necessary.
- Initiate and enforce efficient cash management procedures by effective oversight of bank accounts and maximize interest income.
- Act as authorized bank and LPO signatory within the limits specified in the Authority matrix.
- Maintain custody and control over issue of blank cheques.
- Promote risk based controls over bank and cash, fee collection, expenditures, fixed assets and payroll
- Prepare action plans for the appropriate and timely implementation of audit reports and recommendations therein.
- Ensure smooth release of funds for the projects.
- Ensure that there is full accountability of all funds released.
- Ensure valid contracts are in place in respect of capital projects.
- Provide leadership in planning as well as organization and implementation of the annual procurement, administrative and ICT work plans
- Ensure total compliance to procurement policy as well as Value for Money (VFM) assurance
- Develop and enforce systems for contracts management
- Develop and enforce systems for facilities and fleet management
- Carry out a review of all insurable risks and maintain insurance cover accordingly
- Enforce the ICT policy and ensure the availability of effective and efficient soft/hard ware across
- Ensure safekeeping of contractual and legal documents and records
- Act as a role model for staff modeling Company global values and aligning to “Education First” service paradigm
- Lead, train and develop accounts team members, including coaching and mentoring
- Provide value-added financial information and advice to the Leadership Team
- Provide financial performance measurements to Senior Management Team
- Act as accounting representative on cross functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance
- ACCA or CPA or equivalent.
- 6 years of finance experience include 3+ years at management level
- Previous proven experience in a high quality educational institution where the needs of all the stakeholders: students; parents and teachers are fully understood will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of contemporary financial management practices and analytical tools.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills and knowledge of database management is essential.
Qualified & interested candidates to share their CVs via firstname.lastname@example.org CC email@example.com on or before 12th July, 2016.
Note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted