Position: Field Officer - M-Shwari Project (Several Positions)
Deadline to Apply: Rolling Basis
Start Date: ASAP
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit research organization that creates and evaluates approaches to solving development problems.
About the project: The M-Shwari study aims to rigorously measure the effect of the M-Shwari loan on borrowers in Kenya. The data collected for this project will be via phone surveys, and the surveys will be standard household surveys, on observable characteristics.
There will be only one round of surveys, carried out for 4000 respondents all over Kenya. This project will be based at the Nairobi office.
The project is hiring Field Officers to assist in data collection of household surveys. The Field Officer will work closely with fellow Field Officers, and with the management team.
Work Duration: Successful applicants will initially be hired for one month. Those who demonstrate consistent exceptional abilities and performance may be considered for a longer term placement with the same project.
- Arrive at work on time;
- Complete scheduled activities each day in a timely manner;
- Demonstrate integrity and understanding during interaction with respondents and partner organization staff;
- On some days, perform office duties with care (for instance translation work, which will be taught as needed);
- Assist in daily survey organization and storage;
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in data collection;
- Provide the SFO/FM with daily feedback regarding surveying activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili;
- Fluency in other languages commonly spoken in Kenya;
- Experience with data collection through household surveys and phone surveys;
- Ability to recognize when questions are difficult or unclear to subjects;
- Excellent note taking ability during interviews;
- Basic computer knowledge and skills (mandatory);
- Ability to comfortably work with groups and within groups.
- Bachelors’ degree or college diploma in social sciences and education;
- Past experience in data collection – show proof of this in application;
- Experience in data collection using Open Data Kit (ODK) / SurveyCTO.
To Apply: Click here - https://poverty-action.formstack.com/forms/fo__mshwari_projectDisclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer-M-Shwari. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.