The Community Development and Health Office of the Salvation Army Kenya East Territory seeks to recruit a qualified person to fill the position of Field Cluster Coordinator in their Kitui / Mwingi Cluster to oversee the implementation of the Kenya Integrated School and Community Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (KISC-WASH) Project.
Position Summary: The role of this position is to facilitate communities and schools in the implementation of the KISC WASH Project as per the project design and plans.
The successful person shall be based at Thokoa in Kitui County.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the project implementation in Kitui / Mwingi Cluster including preparation of plans, budgets and ensuring timely preparation of reports
- Participate in networking meetings involving partners from the government, non-governmental organizations and other players from the private sector.
- Facilitate communities to conduct a thorough needs assessment and prioritization.
- Supervise the construction of WASH facilities and agricultural interventions undertaken within the targeted schools and communities to ensure quality control (materials and workmanship) and prudent use of resources
- Work closely with the government officials, extension workers and NGO officials with similar objectives to those of the Salvation Army KISC WASH Project in order to enrich the projects output.
- Compile and submit regular monitoring/field reports on all project activities within the cluster to the project Field Development Coordinator.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of quarterly / annual activity and financial reports
- Organize and facilitate community trainings and health outreaches.
- Other duties as may be required within the scope of the project.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of Diploma qualification in social sciences preferably in the following fields Community Development, Public Health, Agriculture. Environmental Sciences and Water Supply Technology from reputable institutions.
- At least 1 year experience working with grass root communities. Experience in community WASH projects will be an added advantage.
- Ability to organize and facilitate training targeting both adults and children using the participatory methodologies.
- Ability to ride a Motor cycle. A valid riding license is mandatory.
- Good knowledge of rainwater harvesting technologies,VIP latrines and other rural water supply solutions.
- Fluent written and verbal English and Kiswahili language skills.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV, including telephone contact and details of at least 3 professional referees, via email to email@example.com by 5 August 2016.