M-KOPA is seeking:
Position Title: Data Analyst - Sales
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position Start: As soon As Possible
Reporting to: Head of Data
Overall Purpose: Manages all activities that relate to reporting and analysis of Sales Related Data and provide Support to the Sales Team.
Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 350,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day.
The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan.
Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage "credits" for Kshs 50, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
All revenues are collected in real-time via mobile money systems (such as M-PESA in Kenya) and embedded GSM sensors in each solar system allow M-KOPA to monitor real time performance and regulate usage based upon payments.
This connected design means that M-KOPA is processing vast amounts of data (i.e. over 10,000 mobile payments per day) via the company's proprietary cloud platform, M-KOPAnet.
As of January 2016 M-KOPA employs over 700 full time staff across East Africa and sells through a network of over 1,000 direct sales agents. It has also commenced licensing its technology to partners in other markets.
M-KOPA has been recognised for its pioneering business mode and scale, notably winning the 2015 Zayed Future Energy Prize, being selected as the top New Energy Pioneer at the 2014 Bloomberg New Energy Finance awards and earning the 2013 FT/IFC Excellence in Sustainable Finance Award.
M-KOPA has also successfully tested a range of new products that leverage its relationship with customers, and M-KOPA’s unique competencies in mobile telecommunications and ICT.
To ensure that the research and development of new products add value to (and do not distract from) its core business, M-KOPA is establishing the M-KOPA Labs.
The Labs will be a dedicated business unit within M-KOPA that will define and test extensions of the M-KOPA asset-based credit model for off-grid-power to new products and services.
- Responsible for daily, weekly, monthly, & quarterly reports to analyse Sales performance
- Provide general sales reporting and analysis that assists in monitoring sales performance
- Examines business objectives and needs; partners with managers and inner department teams, gathers relevant feedback from associates as needed
- Sales forecasting to facilitate accurate planning and target setting
- Provide data and analytical support for presentations and Sales Models reviews
- Proactive in providing reporting tools, reports and analysis to management team
- Effective communication with key partners, peers, and management
- Execution of special projects as needed
Requirements / Specification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics or equivalent
- Microsoft Excel Advanced Skills
- Microsoft Office suite/Microsoft Office Query SQL
- Communication skills
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 (two) years of experience in analytical-reporting
- Ability to provide high accuracy of data entry while multitasking.
Remuneration: Competitive covering a monthly salary, performance bonus and medical benefits reflective of the candidate’s experience and skills.
To apply, send an updated detailed copy of your CV and a cover letter expressing why you feel you would be an excellent candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject EV-DAS-2084
Deadline for application is 5pm on Sunday 7th August, 2016.
Please Note: M-KOPA, as a policy, does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
Due to the large number of applications received by us, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are short listed for the post and invited for an interview. Therefore, if you have not heard from M-KOPA within 4 weeks of the date of the deadline your application, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
This measure has been taken in the interests of efficiency and cost effectiveness and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.