The Youth Enterprise Development Fund is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Public Service, Youth and Gender Affairs established to address the challenge of youth unemployment in the country.
The Fund provides loans and business development services to youth owned enterprises.
Responsible to: Lending Manager
Purpose of Job: Reporting to the Lending Manager, the Credit Manager, will head the Credit Unit and be responsible to providing efficient and effective service to the YEDF in the successful vet, approve and disburse loans.
- Coordinating all aspects on lending cycle for the Funds Credit Products, by liaising with Senior Credit Officer, and other officers both in Head Office and in the field.
- Identifying and appraising prospective Financial Intermediaries for partnership with the Fund, Monitoring the operations of the contracted intermediaries and advising management on their performance.
- Identify and enlist the support of key stakeholders in monitoring and recovery of loans to ensure quality loan portfolio.
- Continuously reviewing the Funds products and Lending strategy and advising management on appropriate action.
- Respond to any queries on issues relating to the youth Enterprise Development Fund
- Formulation and implementation of lending policies, procedures and best practices
- Monitor and evaluate all activities in relation to lending
- Review and design market led loan products on a regular basis
- Ensure efficient and secure maintenance of loanees’ information in the management information system
- Ensure preparations of monthly and quarterly reports.
- Offer financial advisory services to beneficiaries of the Fund’s services.
- Take necessary actions to recover overdue loans.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a business related field, preferably in Finance, Accounting or strategic management from a recognized university.
- Holders of an MBA will have an added advantage.
- Over 5 years’ experience in credit operations at a senior level in a reputable Financial or Microfinance institution.
- Specialized training in credit, microfinance or accountancy will be an added advantage
- Possession of good analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to understand the key issues affecting the youth in Kenya.
- Possess good interpersonal skills to interact with key stakeholders.
- Possess good leadership skills with ability to manage others.
The prospective candidate shall provide evidence of compliance with the following:
- High integrity and meet the requirements of chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
- Higher Education loan’s Board (HELB) clearance certificate
- Certificate of Good Conduct (Criminal Investigation Department Clearance)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) tax compliance certificate
- Ethics and Anti-corruption commission clearance certificate.
- Credit Reference Bureaus clearance
How to Apply
Those fulfilling the requirements of the position should submit their applications together with a detailed C.V and all relevant testimonials stating your current position, current remuneration, expected salary, email address, telephone contacts.
Applicants are also expected to provide postal address, telephone and email contacts of three references latest on the 12th August 2016.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Youth Enterprise Development Fund
P.O. Box 48610 - 00100
Youth Enterprise Development Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Potential male and female candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply