Position: Clerk of Works
Duty Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The African Airlines Association (AFRAA) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Clerk of works for a land development project it wishes to undertake in its Nairobi head-office, Kenya.
The Clerk of works will oversee the quality and safety of work on the construction site, making sure that building plans and specifications are being followed correctly.
It’s aimed at promoting the development of safe, reliable, economical and efficient air transport services to, from, within and through Africa and to foster closer commercial and technical cooperation among members.
- Perform regular inspections of the work on site, comparing completed work with drawings and specifications.
- Measure work done in conjunction with contractor and validate these for purposes of valuation of project.
- Measure and sample building materials to check on quality.
- Recording results in site log book.
- Identify defects and suggest corrective action.
- Liaise with other construction staff, such as contractors, engineers and surveyors.
- Monitor and report progress to construction managers, architects and clients.
- Supervise the workforce on the building site during the project.
- BSc Civil Engineering or Diploma Civil Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Experience in project management.
- 5 Years’ experience in a busy construction environment.
- Computer literate and proficient in using standard office computer software applications.
- National of the Republic of Kenya with a successful track record.
- High integrity
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- An in-depth knowledge of the construction industry
- A sound knowledge of Building Regulations
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to liaise with staff at all levels
- A good level of fitness and a head for heights
- Ability to meet targets and enforce strict deadlines from stakeholders
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Team player
How to Apply
Applications can be submitted either electronically or by courier and clearly marked "Confidential and Personal".
i. Applications together with attachments, references and a motivation letter for the post should be sent electronically to: email@example.com and CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
ii. Applications via courier together with attachments, references and a motivation letter for the post should be addressed to:
The Secretary General
African Airlines Association
Off Mombasa & Red Cross Roads
P. O. Box 20116 - 00200
Application deadline: 29 July 2016
The African Airlines Association (AFRAA) is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to colour, religion or gender.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted