Vacancy: Chief Financial Officer
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) works to significantly and sustainably improve the productivity and incomes of resource poor farmers in Africa.
Initially funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and The Rockefeller Foundation, the organization’s ambitious goal is to double the incomes of at least 30 million smallholder farm households and contribute to inclusive economic growth through productivity gains across 11 focus countries in Africa. To date nearly $500 million has been invested.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead the transformation from a central to a decentralized finance organization.
- Find the balance between strong central financial governance & control and sustainable and responsive support to AGRA’s customers and beneficiaries.
- Implement and drive regular review and accountability of AGRA’s costs versus budgets.
- Implement a rigorous and complete cost allocation process.
We seek an outstanding finance leader who is able to lead effective organizational change and ensure AGRA’s sustainability in delivering financial services in support of AGRA’s programs.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 15 years of financial leadership experience in finance & control, reporting, accounting, risk management, treasury, project development and investments within a large non-profit or for-profit organization with responsibilities across multiple countries in Africa.
- A track record of success in establishment and management of decentralized finance and administration systems & structures, costs allocation and financial governance structures.
- Demonstrated ability to lead transformation and change and recognized management skills in multicultural setting.
- Inspirational leader able to lead, foster, and build effective and motivated finance teams in a decentralized structure across multiple countries.
- Fluency in the English language is required and working knowledge of French is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting, Business Management, or Financial Corporate Management related discipline required.