Sustainable Agriculture Community Development Programme (SACDEP – Kenya) is a Development Organisation, working in 12 Counties.
With its head office based in Thika town, the organization works in the area of Sustainable Agriculture in Coast, Eastern, Central and Rift Valley Regions of Kenya.
Position 1: Training and Conference Centres Co-ordinator
Main Task. To use SACDEP’s Conference and Recreational buildings based in three (3) locations to establish a Self Financing Department, generate financial surpluses and invest the same for Project Implementation.
He/She will be running three Training Centres in and around Thika and supervising about 15 persons.
- Diploma / Degree in Institutional or Hotel Management
- Ten (10) years experience and above in managing a set of medium sized Institutions and Conference Facility with a variety of clients including farmers, student, professionals, nature enthusiasts etc.
- Excellent ability to spot opportunities, create conferencing packages, market the products, increase sales and resultant financial surpluses.
- Knowledge and skills in developing innovation non-conventional client packages found in Eco-tourism, Agri-tourism, student parties e.t.c.
- Excellent business mind able to relate costs and benefits with a view to spending less and expanding surpluses.
- Good writing and documentation skills for publicity, marketing, financial operational and financial reporting.
- Excellent ability to achieve departmental targets while being an active member of a Community Development initiatives team.
- Have a combination of an entrepreneurial and community development mind.
- Experience in running an Institution that demands busy logistical connections will be an added advantage.
Position 2: Agriculture Field Marketing and Training Officer
Main Task: To implement an existing project in Lamu County. The Project is related to training farmers on Organic Production, Linkage to Markets and Credit.
The ideal candidate is expected to expand work in the County into a Regional Project Area.
- Seven (7) years and above experience in Community Mobilization, Organization and structuring with a view to enabling them implement successful Agri-based projects.
- Proven experience in Project – designing and fundraising skills
- Diploma, BSc. in General Agriculture in the areas of Crops, Livestock Production.
- Proven ability in setting up food processing, value addition, cottage industries and marketing projects.
- Knowledge and experience in establishment and expansion of Community ran savings and credit schemes.
- Good Writing skills in correspondence, reports, project publicity articles and features.
- Knowledge in the principles and practices of Sustainable Agriculture a strong advantage.
Applications to be accompanied by a C.V and indicating Current or previous salary To reach the undersigned on or before Monday 30th June 2016
Outreach & Networking Manager,
SACDEP – Kenya,
P. O. Box 1134 – 01000,
Email address: email@example.com
If you will not have heard from us by 31st July 2016 kindly consider your application unsuccessful.