The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
- Manages the supply chain master data for all countries in the designated region working on Oracle JD Edwards;
- Maintains the regional standard and non-standard items in Oracle JD Edwards;
- Manages phase-in/phase-out of the regional/national items on the branch level;
- Performs regular analyses and proposes changes on the usage of items;
- Perform regular data accuracy checks, correcting Item Master data reported by the Global Master Data Manager;
- Trains key users, logisticians before go-live of new migrated sites in the region;
- Supports the National Master Data focal points and provides guidelines;
- Support the Global data manager in the preparation of the new roll-outs that are part of the region (items / address creations and other set ups);
- Attends and actively participates in the periodical calls with the Global Data Manager and the other regional Data managers;
- University Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or any relevant field from a recognized University;
- A minimum of 2 years relevant and professional experience, preferably in Supply Chain related environment;
- Experience in use and support of ERP-systems in a distribution environment. Oracle JD Edwards is a PLUS;
- Knowledge of material master data management in an ERP;
- Expert knowledge of Excel and other statistical tools. SQL knowledge is an advantage;
- Skills in developing and delivering system training to end-users;
- Excellent command of oral and written English,;
- High sense of responsibility and ability to work independently;
- Good sense of organization and attention to details;
- High degree of flexibility;
- Good inter-personal skills and able to work in a team;
- Good communication skills and able to meet strict set deadlines
The ICRC Logistic Centre in Nairobi (Industrial Area) is seeking an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill the position of aMotor Vehicle Specialized Mechanic- Diagnostic Expert.
- Diagnose and repair electrical and mechanical faults on light, heavy vehicles and generators;
- Provide technical support to the workshop team;
- To efficiently retrieve and use workshop manuals as well as wiring/pneumatic diagrams;
- Carry out mobile breakdown maintenance;
- Advice on modifications required on vehicles ;
- Take part in special tool ordering process;
- Diploma in automotive engineering (electrical option), or its equivalent from a recognized Institute;
- Minimum 4 years work experience in a busy workshop in a similar position;
- Able to use the diagnostic tools correctly;
- Knowledge of metrology tools (dial gauge, torque wrench, multimeter, oscilloscope, Vernier caliper);
- Comprehensive knowledge of the following systems is MANDATORY: CAN data bases, multi-port fuel injection, high pressure diesel injection, air conditioning, ABS & EBS, pneumatic suspension, automatic transmission, 4WD transmission, wheel alignment, SRS, auto lights, auto-wipers, 12V/24V battery energy management;
- Excellent command of English;
- Good Computer skills (Excel and Word);
- On request availability for field mission in Kenya and abroad (to solve technical issues)
- High sense of integrity and high degree of flexibility
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and make decisions;
- High degree of flexibility
- Excellent analytical and technical skills;
- Good management skills and able to manage a team if needed;
- Good team player;
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to Human Resources Office on the address or e-mail below, on or before 01st July 2016.
Please include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the Red Cross, Logistics Centre,
P.O. Box 34071, Nairobi, 00100(GPO),