Stima Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Limited (Stima Sacco) is a leading country-wide, fast growing and licensed DTS (Deposit Taking Sacco) with an asset base of Kshs 22bn, a loan book of Kshs17bn, and membership of 65,000 derived from the energy, utilities, services, small and micro enterprises (SMEs) and other sectors.
Its key priority in the 2016-20 Strategic Plan is to transform its business model and grow the business through innovative products, unparalleled customer service, aggressive resource mobilization and expanded distribution channels.
Head of Internal Audit
Under the supervision of the Audit Committee of the Board and the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will provide effective and efficient co-ordination and supervision of Internal Audit Department through the development and implementation of sound internal control procedures in accordance with regulations, standards and Sacco policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain strong internal policies, processes and controls in order to provide timely, consistent and accurate financial, management information for effective decision making.
- Implement the Society’s internal audit strategy, policies and procedures.
- Carry out risk identification, assessment and audit planning for high risk areas within the operations of the Society.
- Report and communicate Audit findings and recommendations to the Management and to the Audit Committee of the Board.
- Evaluate corporate governance processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and spearhead anti-fraud and corruption strategy in accordance with the Society policies, laws and regulations.
- Plan and co-ordinate the timely performance of special audit investigations and forensic audits as necessary.
- Attend Board Audit Committee meetings as the Committee Secretary.
- Carry out regular compliance tests on Society operating systems, policies and procedures and make the necessary recommendations.
- Evaluate the reliability, integrity, timeliness and accuracy of financial and operating information to facilitate sound decision making by management.
- KCSE: B- or its equivalent.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent and a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, Accounting or other related field will be an added advantage.
- A professional accounting qualification CPA (K), ACCA, ACA, CFA and a member in good standing of ICPAK for the last 5 years.
- Must be a member of Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Must be a holder of a practising certificate issued pursuant to section 21 of the Accountants Act, 2008 (No. 15 of 2008).
- Certification in Information Systems Audit will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of seven (7) years working experience in financial management, five (5) of which must be in a senior management level as an Internal Audit Manager or its equivalent.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of financial Institution and SASRA guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Knowledge of computerized audit techniques and experience in systems audit will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should forward a Cover Letter and CV indicating the position applied for as the Subject Line to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5pm on 30th June 2016 indicating the position applied for as the subject line.
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted