Tourism Finance Corporation (TFC) is the leading Development Financial Institution (DFI) providing affordable and accessible financial facilities and advisory services to the Tourism Industry.
TFC’s mission is to develop and diversify Kenya’s Tourism industry by providing a range of advisory and financial services to investors in tourism related enterprises.
Head of Finance
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Finance is responsible for designing, planning and co-ordinating all aspects of financial management at the Corporation and advice the Managing Director and the Board on the Corporation’s financial plans.
- Design and develop financial policies and strategies and co-ordinates their effective implementation to ensure compliance and general review.
- Advise the Managing Director and the Board on effective ways of maintaining adequate liquidity to finance the operations of the Corporation.
- Design and manage the implementation of effective cash office systems for cashiering services, proper recording and billing, collection of all monies due, and institutions (Govt. ministries, departments and parastatals).
- Supervise the preparation of payroll and payment of salaries ensuring that appropriate statutory deductions are made and remitted to respective authorities.
- Design and implement appropriate controls with regard to debt and credit management, assets management, tariffs, charge rates, and all tax matters of the Corporation.
- Guide, lead and manage the staff in the department.
- Co-ordinate, guide and assist the Heads of Departments in the preparation and evaluation of all departmental annual budgets to consolidate the same into the Corporation budget and create systems and procedures for monitoring performance against budget.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the preparation of Management and Financial information including the establishment and maintenance of effective control systems for preparation of monthly, quarterly and year end management.
- Establish sound working relations with the market players in the sector so as to be updated on investment decisions.
- Perform Treasury Management activities and manages the Corporation’s bank accounts, loans and other financial instruments and investment portfolio with a view to effective cash-flow management.
- Liaise with the Treasury, Auditor General (Corporations) and parent Ministry for Coordination of Financial and accounting matters.
- Prepare annual financial statements and forward to the National Audit Office.
- Signatory of all Bank Accounts and any correspondence to the Bank.
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a relevant field from a recognized university.
- A Master’s degree from a recognize university.
- CPA(K), ACCA qualifications or equivalent.
- Member of ICPAK or equivalent professional body.
- Computer Literacy.
- Good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- At least 7 years’ experience with 5 years in supervisory role.
Shortlisted candidates for all that above positions will be expected to comply with chapter six (6) of the Constitution, 2010.
Compliance certificates from the following institutions should be attached.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Higher Education Loans Board.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions against the listed qualifications/competences and skills, a detailed and updated CV, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, National ID, details and contacts of three professional referees, as well as current and expected remuneration to reach the undersigned by 1st July, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be accorded a competitive remuneration package
Ag. Managing Director
Tourism Finance Corporation
Utalii House, 11th Floor
P.O. Box 42013, 00100.
TFC is an equal opportunity employer