Vacancy: Front of House Manager
Job Ref: RH/FHM/3
Our client is an international hospitality company with a portfolio of independent luxury hotel properties in some of the world’s most desirable locations.
The incumbent will be in charge of directing and coordinating the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services and telephone areas.
They will also prepare monthly reports and budget for the front office department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Train, cross –train and retrain all front office personnel.
- Participate in the selection of front office personnel.
- Schedule the front office staff and supervise their workload during shifts by reviewing daily front office work and activity reports generated by night audit.
- Evaluate the job performance of each front office employee.
- Maintain working relationship and communicate with all departments.
- Maintain master key control.
- Verify that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently and courteously.
- Update group information. Maintain, monitor and prepare group requirements. Relay information to appropriate personnel.
- Review and complete credit limit report.
- Work within the allocated budget for the front office.
- Receive information from the previous shift manager and pass on pertinent details to the oncoming manager.
- Check cashiers in and out and verify banking and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforce all cash-handling, check-cashing and credit policies.
- Conduct regular scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Wear the proper uniform at all times. Require all front office employees to wear proper uniforms at all times.
- Uphold the hotel's commitment to hospitality.
- Prepare performance reports related to front office.
- Maximise room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyse rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily. i.e flash report, allowance etc.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Operate all aspects of front office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
- Monitor all V.I.P’s special guests and requests.
- Review front office log book and guest feedback forms on a daily basis.
- Maintain an organised and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Manage and control the stocks and proper selling procedure at the boutique shop located at the hotel lobby.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Front of House Manager in a 5 star hotel.
- Must speak German fluently
- Graduation from an accredited college or university in an appropriate curriculum and considerable experience related to this class of work including supervisory experience.
- Must have excellent communication and computer skills.
- Must be a well-organised person with a good sense of humor and proven decision making abilities.
- Applicants are required to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and night schedule as necessary and must be able to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail.
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted