Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI)
Vacancy No. K35-05-16
Position: Data Analyst (1 Position)
MR9-11 (grading depends on qualifications)
Reporting To: Influenza Program Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, or Mathematics, from a recognized university. Relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- 2 years’ Experience in a busy data processing, management and analysis field
- Excellent knowledge and working experience of at least on statistical package for data manipulation and analysis (STATA, SPSS, SAS) and database software (SQL server, MS Access)
- Experience in data cleaning and performing quality assurance procedures
- Experience in working with electronic data collection systems in clinical settings will be an added advantage.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the data management process and the data being managed.
- Participate in design of data collection tools and data capture applications
- Design and manage databases and data entry/capture procedures
- Be involved in data downloading and uploading from mobile devices such as PDAs, Netbooks and Smartphones.
- Participate in developing data analysis plans in consultation with the study investigators and statistician
- Participate in data retrieval, analysis and interpretation
- Collate, query and clean data coming in from the field sites including flagging out inconsistencies and/ or errors arising from data obtained from the field as part of routine data checks
- Perform various data manipulations, analysis and generate reports and tables as required
- Deal with routine problems arising in the course of data handling
- Work with other team members and investigators on various tasks as requested
- Perform additional responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- 3 letters of reference from your referees
- Copies of Certificates and transcripts
Terms of Employment: 1 (one) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a Probation period for the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within the relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
Applications are due no later than: 8th July 2016 to:
Human Resource Manager,
P.O. Box 1578,
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted