Are you interested in leading the start-up of an exciting new regional initiative to strengthen our collective response to key developmental challenges?
The Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) in East Africa is inviting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Coordinator of the Regional Civil Society Initiative, based in Nairobi, Kenya.
This position will report to the Director of Aga Khan University’s East African Institute.
This will be achieved through
(i) increasing access to knowledge for and about civil society;
(ii) skills-building for key stakeholders who contribute towards civil society; and
(iii) enhancing availability of resources that support quality, innovation and resilience.
The Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Managing the start-up and implementation of this ambitious Initiative,
- Conducing outreach, partnering and communications to ensure the success of the Initiative and engagement of diverse stakeholders,
- Consolidating and communicating learning from civil society activities and projects across regional AKDN agencies, and
- Developing and implementing new civil society activities and events around issues such as youth, leadership, communications and philanthropy.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable institution, preferably in Communication, Public Relations, Political Science, Sociology or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in start-up initiatives, project management and/or communications.
- Proven ability to manage communications with diverse stakeholders including both traditional and digital communications platforms – website, Social Media, Podcasting, etc.
- Experience and connections with East African media outlets a plus
- Experience with research and monitoring & evaluation practices
- Experience in high-profile event management and coordination
- Ability to develop creative but informed collateral specific to various projects
- Keen interest in political, social and cultural development programmes in East Africa
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills in English. Proficiency in Kiswahili preferred
Candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and names and contact details of three professional referees by 3rd July 2016 with “Civil Society Initiative Coordinator” in the subject line addressed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
East Africans are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network