Vacancy No. FN-067-08-2013
Program Description: Research Care and Training Program (RCTP) is collaboration between the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and University of Washington (UW).
Position: District Program Officer - Clinical
Reports to: District Coordinator
Location: Migori District
Duration: One Year Renewable
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all HIV-related program areas including, adult and pediatric HIV care and treatment, PMTCT, PITC , and TB/HIV care at designated facilities
- Responsible for supporting systems for decentralization, quality of care, commodity management, and reporting along with support supervision
- Plan and facilitate trainings including on-job training and NASCOP trainings
- Mentorship of clinical staff
- Work closely with DHMT counterparts, facility in-charges, and other MOH staff to ensure for provision of quality HIV services and increasing MOH ownership and capacity
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery from a recognized medical training institution
- Registered Clinical Officer.
- Minimum of 2 year’s work experience actively involved in HIV Services- care and Treatment, PMTCT, TB, HIV, PITC.
- Must have mentorship/Training experience
- Must have demonstrated Leadership experience.
Applications must include the following:
- A cover letter stating current work (if applicable), current salary and date available to start work on the project
- A current CV with names and telephone contacts for at least 3 referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates and copy of the latest pay slip
- At least two recommendation letters, preferably from previous employers
All applications must be sent electronically to the email address below followed by hard copies which should be delivered or posted so as to reach the following address by 12th September 2013:
Human Resources Manager
KEMRI – RCTP/ FACES Program
P. O Box 614-40100
Please write the Vacancy Number, and Position applied for on the envelope and in the subject Line of the Email.
Note: RCTP or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Any job applicant who tries to corrupt our employee during any stage of the staff hiring process will be disqualified.