individuals to fill the following key positions:
- Coordination of all activities relating to the construction of the first three berths and associated infrastructure of the Lamu Port;
- Ensuring that the time and cost budgets are adhered to;
- Managing all contracts and ensuring any contractual disagreements between the various parties are addressed in a timely manner;
- Ensuring that all set standards and specifications are complied with and met;
- Developing and submitting periodic reports to KPA, highlighting important milestones and events within agreed timelines; and
- Ensuring all statutory governmental requirements are complied with.
- Bachelors of Science degree in civil engineering or recognized equivalent qualification;
- Registered Engineer by the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK);
- Minimum post graduate experience of 15 years in design and or supervision of construction of berths, dredging and/or reclamation works or other equivalent construction work of similar complexity and size;
- Knowledge of and experience in projects dispute resolution procedures;
- Proficiency in the use of MS Project as well as Civil/Structural Engineering software, e.g. AUTOCAD, STAAD;and
- Experience in heavy duty pavement yards, building and road works would be an added advantage.
- Undertaking studies, designs and preparation of tender documents for Civil Engineering related projects;
- Undertaking safety audits for infrastructural designs and implementation of associated safety measures;
- Assisting in preparation of departmental budget and procurement plans;
- Assisting in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the department;
- Assisting in implementation of policies for the efficient planning, survey services, monitoring, evaluation and socio-environmental management for the infrastructure under the Authority; and
- Assisting in carrying out planning, collection and management of traffic data.
- Bachelors of Science degree in civil engineering or equivalent qualification;
- Registered Graduate Engineer or equivalent recognized by the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK);
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience in pavement design (rigid and flexible) and construction supervision; materials testing, soils, aggregates, binders; structural designs and construction supervision; and
- . Proficiency in the use of MS Project as well as Civil/Structural Engineering software, e.g. AUTOCAD, STAAD etc.
application with a detailed CV stating your current position, current remuneration level, email, telephone contacts and the reference number for the position applied for to reach us on or before 21 December 2012 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
P.O. Box 40092 00100,