Africa Merchant Assurance Company (AMACO) dealing with general insurance seeks to procure the services of an Occupational Safety and Health Consultant to carry out training to the Health and Safety committee members.
1. Provide training to the OSHA committee in line with the OSH Act, 2007
2. Identify specific areas of occupational safety and health to be addressed by AMACO
1. Trained Occupational safety and health committee able to identify and propose action on OSHA issues.
2. Terms of reference for the committee members
3. Certificates given to committee members as proof of training completed Facilitation
- Ensure that the necessary inputs for the assignment are available;
- Participate in necessary meetings and reviews.
The consultant shall report to the management that is led by the CEO who will be assisted by the Human Resource & Administration Manager.
Requirements and Qualifications
These include relevant training and experience in Occupational Safety and Health.
In addition, the consultant must provide
a. Valid license from the Directorate of Occupational Safety and Health ( Ministry of Labour)
b. Proof of experience in the provision of OSHA training of committee members Intellectual Property
As per AMACO’s standard consultancy contract ownership and copyright of all data; drafts and final products will be exclusive property of AMACO.
Submitting an Expression of Interest
Interested consultants or firms should send the following:-
1. A cover letter introducing the consultancy firm and how the skills and competencies described above are met and giving concrete examples.
2. The technical component of the proposal should be concisely presented and structured in the following to include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following information:
a) Description of the Firm and the Firm’s qualifications, a brief description of your firm/institution on an out of recent experience or projects of a similar nature.
You should also provide references and information that will facilitate our evaluation of your firm/institution’s substantive reliability and financial managerial capacity to provide the services;
b) Understanding of the Requirements for Services, including any assumptions as well as comments on the data as indicated in the TORs or as you may otherwise believe to be necessary;
c) Proposed Approach, Methodology, Timing and Outputs. This may include any comments or suggestion: the TOR, as well as your detailed description of the manner in which your firm/institution would respond to TOR.
d) Proposed personnel to carry out the assignment and their C.Vs. The composition of the team you propose to provide, with their qualifications and experience, to be accompanied by their curriculum vitae;
e) List of similar assignments done with details of the contact persons.
3. The Financial Component should contain an overall quotation in a single currency (Kshs) to cover all costs which should be valid for a period of not less than 90 days.
In addition, the proposed component must cover all the services to be provided and must itemize the following:
a. Total cost of the assignment (indicating nature and breakdown);
b. A proposed schedule of payments.
To reach the address below on or by close of business on 23rd March, 2012.
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Africa Merchant Assurance Company Ltd,
P. O. Box 61599-00200,
Or Email: email@example.com