NO-C (11 Months)
Date of Issue: 20 April, 2011
Closing Date: May 2nd, 2011
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above SSA Consultancy in the Child Survival & Development (CSD) Section of UNICEF Kenya Country Office, Nairobi.
For detailed Scope of Work and Expected Deliverables, go to:(http://www.unicef.org/kenya).
Desired background and experience
- Masters degree in public health, medicine/ paediatrics etc
- At least eight years progressive experience in public health or related field with focus on child survival and development programs
- Knowledge of the current issues in Child Survival in Kenya and the region with experience in planning, implementing and monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in developing policy and strategy documents and dissemination of the same to a wider government, donor and key NGOs and the community.
- Ability and experience in undertaking qualitative and quantitative data collection, review and analysis
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Knowledge of Swahili and experience in Kenya will be an asset.
Competencies: Excellent computer skills, ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment; ability to organize and prioritize work; ability to recognize and take initiative to solve problems or recommend solutions; good communication and analytical skills, proven ability to manage funds/budgets for the section’ proven ability to organize meetings/workshops, drafting skills for memos, contracts, letters, TOR’s; and knowledge of PROMS desirable.
Interested and suitable candidates should forward their applications along with their curricula vitae to;
The Human Resources Specialist
UNICEF Kenya Country Office
Email address: email@example.com
Please indicate Reference No. “KCO/PROG/2011-01” in the email subject.
Interested candidates should also complete the Personal History (P11) form, which can be downloaded from the UNICEF Kenya website: (http://www.unicef.org/kenya).
“Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply”
Zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse
UNICEF is a smoke-free environment
You can also visit www.kenyanvacancies.com for more jobs