- To Coordinate and Lead in the implementation of the Lamu Integrated Secure Livelihoods Program.
- In liaison with the Head Officer identify funding gaps and opportunities to strengthen the program
- Preparation of timely weekly, monthly, quarterly and end of year reports for the program.
- To carry out procurement of the materials, products and services which are necessary for the implementation of the project(s) as approved by the National Office.
- Develop work plans and other documents that will result to enhanced strategy in the framework of the program(s).
- Identify and enhance networking and collaboration in the relevant project(s) area.
- Carry out awareness raising on the secure livelihoods program activities
- Mobilize resources/ develop funding proposal for the Program
Want to know the latest news, read great articles, features, jobs and careers? Then click here>>>
Working Station: Lamu District (Mukowe)
Job Description: To provide leadership and coordinate in the implementation of ZAF’s Secure Livelihoods program in Lamu. The program was established in the year 2006 with the intention of addressing poverty among the Boni people and the neighboring communities.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Zinduka Afrika a Local NGO is looking for an ICT (Information Communication and Technology) Support.
- Manage network and server
- Ensuring data is backed up on a regular basis
- Overseeing computer security and anti-virus updates etc.
- Carrying out computer “maintenance” tasks and providing IT support to computer users within the office
- First port of call and initial troubleshooting of IT problems and resolving if possible
- Logging all IT problems and resolutions
- Liaising with external support company on IT and communication work
- Overseeing file management on centralized resource (e.g. server) or on individual workstations
Labels: Information and Technology
Job Ref: 02/2010
Reporting to the Head, Training and Development, the position will be responsible for conducting TNA, designing and delivering learning solutions for various Business units.
The position also enhances the competencies of employees through the deployment of various multi‐media learning resources to deliver business goals.
- To carry out Training Needs Analysis (TNA) for respective businesses/head office departments prioritizing and application of training solutions
- To develop curricula for specific business needs including learning content, learning roadmaps, presentation of learning material in alignment with current and future business strategy
Job Ref: 01/2010
Reporting to the Divisional Director HR, the position will lead the training and development function ensuring its productivity towards meeting business needs as well as be responsible for the overall efficient management of the KCB Leadership Centre operations and activities.
- Create a training and development strategy, vision and action plan to implement dynamic learning systems contributing to the success of the organization
- Responsible for executing the entire training process, needs assessment, development and/or outsourcing of training programs, including content, delivering of training programs and evaluation of effectiveness of training
- Manage the overall operations and activities of the KCB Leadership centre efficiently
- Ensure achievement of individual training needs as well as organizational goals in terms of desired or expected performance
- Ensure training and development conducted is based on sound learning principles, be perceived as important by trainees, and be conducted in a manner that maximizes learning and ensure alignment to OD strategic objectives
1. Sales Executives
2. Senior Accountant
3. Assistant Accountant
4. Logistics/Clearing & Forwarding Executive
5. Store Keeper
6. General Manager
A Client of ours a startup company dealing with Mobile phones, Accessories, Camcorders, laptops and other electronics is seeking candidates who are target driven , have the energy and desire to grow.
- Should have experience of 2 years in selling Mobile phones or other Communication gadgets.
- Should be exposed to Corporate, Wholesale and retail marketing
- Network marketing experience is also highly desired.
- The said individual should be result oriented and target driven
- Should have excellent communication skills
Our client, a microfinance institution seeks to recruit a suitable person for the position below
Job Title: Approvals Officer
Job Purpose: Assessment and approval of Loan applications while maintaining and recording the flow of information regarding the approval process.
Minimum Required Qualification
- Degree in Financial Management with an additional Diploma in Banking/Credit Management
- Minimum 4 Years experience in a Financial Institution/Micro Finance Institution, with previous experience in business credit assessment being preferred
- At least 2 years in a management/supervisory role in a Credit department/institution
- Must be results driven, risk control oriented,
1. Finance & Admin Manager
2. Sales Manager
3. Sales Representatives
4. Stores Clerks
5. Loaders – to load/offload beer and empty crates
6. Data entry clerks
Our client a leading distributor of East African Breweries Limited (EABL) based in Ruiru town.
The Company has been in the business of distributing beer, spirits and non-alcoholic drinks for 20 years and wishes to strengthen its team by recruiting qualified and experienced professionals to the following positions:
Finance & Admin Manager
- Must be mid to late thirties
- Must have CPA(K) or ACCA qualifications
- Must have training and/or experience in handling HR related duties
- Must have training and/or experience in handling administrative related duties such as insurance, procurement, security, fleet management, processing of statutory requirements, etc
- Must have Finance/Administrative/HR related work experience at senior level position
- A graduate will have added advantage
- Pay is a monthly net of Ksh 60,000/= dependent on qualifications
The Government of Kenya has received financial assistance from the International Development Agency (IDA) to finance the Total War Against HIV and AIDS (TOWA) Project to support implementation of the Kenya National HIV and AIDS Strategic Plans (KNASP II and III) for the periods 2005-10 and 20o9-13
To support the successful implementation of the TOWA Project National AIDS Control Council (NACC) intends to recruit candidates to fill vacant position within the approved staff establishment.
The main purpose of the Human Resource Management Consultancy services is to:
1. Place advertisement for positions which fall vacant within NACC with adequate information for the specific job descriptions and qualifications required for each post
2. Serialize, all received applications from potential candidates
3. Summarise credentials of all candidates who meet the minimum requirements
4. Short list and screen all applicants by carrying out formal background checks of the short listed candidates (preferably six candidates) The formal background checks must be availed to NACC as part of the report
United Nations – Nations Unies
United Nations Support Office for AMISOM (UNSOA)
Request for Expression of Interest Provision of Transport (Car Hire & Shuttle) Services – UNSOA Gigiri
UNSOA’s Procurement Section, whose offices are located at the UN Complex in Gigiri, is interested in identifying suitable Transport service providers, able to provide all the specified types of transport services promptly when required, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
In this connection, UNSOA seeks Expression of Interest (EOI) from suitably qualified and experienced firms that have the capacity to meet UNSOA’s requirement. Interested firms must submit the following:
1. Documentary evidence of proven track record of at least five years experience in the operation of the transport business;
2. A copy of the Income Statement and Balance Sheet for the last three years,
3. A copy of the Registration Certificate and a valid Trading Licence in Kenya.
Kindly confirm your interest in writing by return mail, email or fax, no later than 23 June 2010, by:
1. Completing the UN Supplier’s registration form available
Tender Ref No: LAN/06/2010
Harambee Co-operative Savings and Credit Society invites sealed tenders from eligible candidates for procurement, installation and commissioning of a Local Area Network.
Interested eligible candidates may obtain further information from and inspect the tender documents at the General Manager’s office situated on fourth floor, Harambee Co-op Plaza, junction of Uhuru highway /Haile Selassie Avenue, Nairobi, on working days from Monday to Friday between 9.00 am to 4.30 pm.
A complete set of tender documents may be obtained by interested candidates upon payment of non-refundable fees of Kshs. 5,000 in cash or Bankers cheque payable to Harambee Sacco Society Ltd.
Prices quoted should be net inclusive of all taxes, must be in Kenya Shillings and shall remain valid for ninety (90) days from the closing date of the tender.
Completed tender documents should be enclosed in plain sealed envelopes clearly marked “Tender No: LAN/06/2010, UPGRADE OF LOCAL AREA NETWORK”
KWS Supply and Installation of Computer Servers, Desktop Computers, Laptops, Printers, LCD Projectors, Personal Digital Assistant (PDAs) and Binoculars
Tender name: Supply and Installation of Computer Servers, Desktop Computers, Laptops, Printers, LCD Projectors, Personal Digital Assistant (PDAs) and Binoculars
Kenya Wildlife Service intends to procure computer servers, desktop computers, laptops, printers, LCD projectors, PDAs and Binoculars. Tenders are now invited for the above equipments.
Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the tender documents at the Procurement Office, KWS Headquarters, Lang’ata Road, PO BOX 402421 – 00100 Nairobi. Tel. 6000800 Fax: 6003792 during normal working hours.
A complete set of tender documents may be obtained upon payment of a non – refundable fee of Ksh. 3,000.00 (three thousand shillings only) at the Cash office, payable in cash or bankers cheque to the Director- KWS. Bidders can also download the tender document from the KWS website (www.kws.go.ke) and attach a payment receipt at the time of submission of the tender.
Tenders MUST be accompanied with a bid security in form of a bank or insurance company guarantee, for an amount of KShs. 50,000.00 or equivalent, issued in a freely convertible currency.
Bids must remain valid for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of tender opening.
Bidders must prove that they qualify to participate in public procurement by providing the following documents or evidence:
Applications are invited for the above scholarship from holders of a good master’s degree in Economics.
Applicants with research experience in economics, and/or with an academic/research appointment at a university or research institute will have an added advantage.
The application package should include academic transcripts for undergraduate and postgraduate studies, and copies of degree certificates.
Only highly qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.
The closing date is June 30, 2010.
Please forward applications to the
School of Economics,
University of Nairobi,
P.O. Box 30197
Telephone: Nairobi 318262, 226451 ext. 28122
Fax: +254 020 24 30 46 or + 254 2 33 68 85
AG. Academic Registrar
Grade E6 (1 Post)
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Principal Environment Planning Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include developing of Geo-information Systems (CIS) application programmes, maintaining Geo-data bases, conducting training for CIS users, writing speicifications for systems and programs, Local Area Network/Wide Area Network (LAN/ WAN) update and maintenance, performing system hardware, software and any LAN maintenance and Data analysis for various users.
Requirements for Appointments
- A Masters degree in Geography, Planning, Geo-spatial and Informatics or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Shown professional competence in the area of GIS spatial data management and documentation.
- Knowledge of GIS software and hardware
- Programming Skills will be an added advantage
- Working experience as Geo-information System Officer I, grade E7 or in a comparable and relevant position for at least three (3) years.
East Africa is a key market for the BBC World Service arid as the Managing Editor you’ll drive the editorial agenda in the bureau, inspiring the very best journalism about East Africa and helping the BBC explain the region to the rest of the world.
You’ll be responsible for managing a team of producers and reporters based in Kenya and working for various BBC World Service sections/You’ll be responsible for managing a team of producers and reporters based in Kenya and working for various BBC World Service sections.
You’ll need to be able to demonstrate excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
This is a key role within the BBC World Service; it requires relevant experience as a journalist at a senior level, fantastic contacts and comprehensive understanding of the East Africa & Great Lakes Region. As well as leading the bureau’s innovative output, you’ll work with marketing and business development teams to advise the BBC on broadcasting and marketing opportunities in the region.
Youll have a strategic approach to running a newsroom and working knowledge of Kiswahili or Kiswahili is highly desirable.
Applications to be received by 25 June 2010.
Call+ 44(0) 370 333 1330
Textphone 02890 328478
Call+ 44(0) 370 333 1330
Textphone 02890 328478
A state corporation focusing on economic empowerment of the Kenya Youth through Enterprise Development and Structured Labor export seeks to recruit Regional Credit Coordinators in order to expand its reach to the youth across the 210 Constituencies in the country.
It is expected that each Regional Office will serve between 6 to 10 Constituencies and will be located in the following Towns in Kenya: Kericho, Nakuru, Narok, Kabarnet, Lodwar, Machakos, Meru, Marsabit, Mwingi, Nyeri, Nyandarua, Thika, Kakamega, Bungoma, Busia, Mombasa, Voi, Garsen, Kisii, Homabay, Kisumu, Wajir,Garisa and El Wak
Reporting to the Credit Manager, each coordinator will be responsible for a defined region.
Reporting to the Credit Manager, each coordinator will be responsible for a defined region.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate all aspects of on-lending cycle under the Constituency Youth Enterprise Scheme (C-YES) in liaison with the District Youth Officers,
- Initiate and coordinate awareness creation and publicity campaigns,
- Prepare monthly reports on loan uptake and repayments in the region,
- Monitor the operations of the financial intermediary partners,
- Identify and enlist the support of key stakeholders in the monitoring and recovery of loans to ensure quality portfolio,
Labels: Associations and Organisations
The Job: The position occupant will provide front office services, clerical, secretarial, telephone services, administrative activities, sort, co-ordinate and direct internal and external correspondences, visitors, scheduling activities, general office upkeep and other support services as required.
- Full Secretarial Course
- Diploma in any Business related Course
- Computer skills
- Age 24 – 30
- Experience 2 -5 years
Other Desirable Requirements:
Labels: Officework and Administration
A newly opened hotel in Nairobi with a bed capacity of 50 requires a manager.
- Must have wide experience in hotel management.
- Must be a person of high integrity and honesty.
- Should posses relevant academic qualifications in hotel management.
- Should be at least 40 years of age or above.
Applications should be sent to the address below to reach us on or before 30th June 2010.
P.O. Box 49010 – 00100
A chain of fast food and restaurant outlets in Nairobi requires competent persons for the following positions;
- Cashiers, Drivers and Motorcycle riders.
- Chefs – Utalii trained, international cuisine.
- Stocks Controller – Experienced in F/B
- Managers – Not less than five years experience
- Administrator doubling as Human Resource
Send your C.V. by 18/06/2010 to:
P.O. Box 4287-00506 Nairobi.
1. Business Administrator
3. Executive Secretary Pref. Hindi/English Speaking
5. Experienced person in construction
6. Advocate Trainee
8. House Cleaner
9. Nurse caring for elderly couple (Masseuse)
Apply with CV, Photo & Reference to
P.O Box 45430-00100
Do you have the following:-
- Graduate in science/nutrition/Marketing
- Sales experience
- Outgoing personality
- Achiever and committed individual then,
Send a short resume & expected salary to email@example.com to reach us by 18th June 2010.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Labels: Sales and Marketing
A fast growing Real Estate Company is looking for an Accountant/Personal Assistant is needed to help in managing kitengela properties and will be based in kitengela at Capitol Hill Apartment.
- Should be have good IT Skill
- Should have CPA 2
- Should be Aged between (25 -30)
- Should be ready to live in Kitengela
- Quote Salary
Post you application to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Attach a passport photo
1. Executive Director
2. Programs Officer
4. Records Management Officer
5. Administrative Assistant
The National Council for Persons with Disabilities was set up in December 2004 following the enactment of The Persons with Disabilities Act (PWD) 2003.
The Council is a Semi-autonomous Government Agency (SAGA) whose parent Ministry is the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Development. The membership consists of nominees of Organizations of and for persons with disabilities, key government ministries, the Office of the Attorney General, Federation of Kenya Employers and the Central Organization of Trade Unions.
The Board is headed by a non-executive Chairperson. The day-to-day activities are run by a Secretariat headed by a Director.
Job Title: Executive Director
Division/Department: Director’s Office
Division/Department: Director’s Office
1. Consultants, Senior Consultants and Managers — People and Change
2. Consultants, Senior Consultants and Managers — Technology
3. Consultants, Senior Consultants and Managers — Financial Accounting and Operations (Public)
4. Consultants, Senior Consultants and Managers — Financial Accounting and Operations (Private)
PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and enhance value for clients and their stakeholders. The PricewaterhouseCoopers network in Africa has member firms in over 30 countries with over 7,360 professional staff.
We have the largest footprint of all the professional services firms on the African continent. We are proud that all our firms are locally-owned and that we are committed to the development and prosperity of the African people and economies.
In Kenya, our local capability comprises over 350 professionals who are able to combine their in-depth understanding of local business, social, cultural and economic issues with their deep functional and industry knowledge.
Want to know the latest news, read great articles, features, jobs and careers? Then click here