The Community Based Treatment Support Specialist will report to Senior Technical Advisor.
Purpose of Position
Under the supervision of the STA, the Community Based Treatment Support Specialist will work to ensure proper transfer of the global organisational CBTSS agenda by providing technical assistance and capacity building to community volunteers and Point of Service staff in support of community care activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess new points of service for readiness to initiate Anti-retroviral therapy (ART) adherence programs
- Assess quality of community support activities relating to ART in and around potential points of service
- Assist Points of Service in developing their adherence programs for ART during site activation process
- Identify training needs, plan trainings and facilitate training sessions on adherence for ART
- Work with ART hearth care team (i.e. doctor, nurse, counselors etc...) to establish and strengthen adherence systems within Points of Service for improved quality of patient care.
- Coordinate and carry out technical assistance visits on adherence to the Points of Service.
- Provide on the job training to Points of Service staff,
- Monitor the performance of adherence and community outreach programs at Points of Service
- Network with local in-country organizations involved in adherence to ART and promote linkages between points of service and organizations working providing HIV support services in their community.
- Ensure project activities comply with national guidelines and policies for HIV/AIDS and ART.
- Develop and distribute appropriate job aides and education materials for treatment support staff and adherence counselors at the sites
- Identify, document and share key lessons learnt on adherence from POS.
- Identify, document and share various treatment models and their effectiveness
- Facilitate Focus Group meetings with key adherence and community staff at each Point of Service to enable the sharing of information between POS
- Integrate evidence-based techniques and strategies (i.e. use of peer reviewed articles and journals, reviewing articles of relevant information) within preceptorship activities
- Play a key role in Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement of the CBTS as this relates to ART adherence
- Any other functions set out by STA.
- Public Health, Community health. Epidemiology, counseling or a hearth related field degree.
- HIV/AIDS knowledge and related experience.
- Experience in adherence and factors associated with non adherence
- Background in community development activities
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal and cross cultural skills
- Specific skills required for performance of the work.
- Teaching skills
- Counseling skills
- Prior experience in capacity building, such as planning and facilitating trainings and providing technical assistance
- Ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods;
- Good interpersonal, organizational and written / verbal communication skills, including in cross-cultural settings;
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize competing activities;
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment;
- Flexibility, patience, dedication and creativity
- Computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point)
Project Director - PACT,
Maryland Global Initiatives Corp,
P.O. Box 495-00606, NBI.
The deadline for applications is on or before 21st September 2010.
Please indicate on the envelop the position you have applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You can also visit www.kenyanvacancies.com for more jobs