Classification: Associate Expert Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
vulnerable migrants traveling from sub-Saharan Africa north to Yemen and Europe via the Gulf of Aden route. Review of project documents for MRF Nairobi country missions and field offices focusing on irregular migration, return and reintegration, migration and development, etc.
- Advanced university degree International Development/ Relations, international law or related field
- professional experience in project development, project implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- experience in liaising with national and international institutions.
- Excellent drafting ability, in particular ability to draft clear and concise papers in English;
- ability to analyse and present fact, evidence and precedents as well as present clear opinions;
- self-directed, ability to work with a high degree of autonomy as well as part of a team;
- personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, creative thinking;
- ability to adapt to changing circumstances;
- ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from different cultural backgrounds;
- familiarity with standard computer packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as electronic mail and use of the Internet as a research tool).
- Thorough knowledge of English.
- Good knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Gain experience in organization, management and international cooperation activities as well as the working group dynamics.
- Be able to prepare documents using the IOM logical framework.
- Participate in the development of programs and projects related to different migration areas and follow the project cycle from original idea up to implementation.
- Gain experience in cooperation with governmental and non governmental institutions in Africa