Due to the increased number of research projects within the KEMRI/UW Study Project and in order to carry out research more efficiently, the study seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced person to fill the position of a Data Clerk.
The data clerk will be responsible for general data management tasks at the KEMRI/UW Offices in Nairobi. He/she will be reporting directly to the Data Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data Entry
- Data cleaning for both the project and laboratory data
- Performing a daily incremental back up of data after completion of all data entry using the recommended back up procedure.
- Filing of study documents.
- Printing of Study Forms , keeping accurate record of all the Study forms printed and distributed to the study sites
- Line listing.
- At least a diploma in applied statistics or information Technology
- Proficiency in the use of Ms office
- Experience in handling databases especially MySQL, data entry and data cleaning
- Self driven and team player capable of working with minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Contract is for one year, renewable as per KEMRI Scheme of Service.
The Data Clerk will undergo a three (3) months probationary period for the first three months upon initiation of employment.
If you meet the above requirements, please send an application with your current CV that contains details of your qualifications, experience and the full time telephone number and names and addresses of 3 referees to Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us by 15th June 2010 at 5.00 p.m.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KEMRI / University of Washington
P.O. Box 2651-00202 Nairobi, Kenya